UPDATE: CM9 RC2 Warning
CM9 RC2 for Epic has been released. Unfortunately, it has a major bug where it fails to retain addon .zip's, causing folks to have problems like broken gapps or losing Sprint VVM after they upgrade. You are fine if you manually flash addons immediately after upgrading RC2. You may want to wait for the next release if you want a stable experience.
The CyanogenMod Project has released CM9 RC1 for all supported devices including Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G. CM9 RC1 contains primarily stability and branding changes since Epic 4G's beta4. Please follow CM for Epic 4G development on Google+ and Facebook!
- If you have trouble with auto rotation after enabling the settings in the Customization Guide, try calibrating your sensors with the temporary FC09 sdcard utility.
- If you use any 3rd party kernels, mods or "tweaks", please do not report any bugs to the CM team. We are not able to help you if you have modified your operating system in any way.
- CM9 RC1 is officially supported by the CyanogenMod project. So if you are using the CM9 RC1 build, you may now report bugs directly here. See CyanogenMod's official announcement of CM9 RC1.
Changelog of CM9 RC1 (see previous)
- One cause of the keyboard backlight failing to turn on when desired has been fixed. It is possible other causes have not been fixed. Please report if you continue to run into issues with the keyboard backlight.
- Switch from binary libsensor to source-built libsensor from aries. Theoretically it should behave identical to the old libsensor. Please report any differences you notice with sensors.
- Rescaled signal levels to fit AOSP's signal bar thresholds. It should be roughly equivalent to the behavior in beta4. Please report if you experience any major problems with signal bar behavior.
- The new CM9 boot animation featuring the Cid mascot is now included. If you want the old boot animation, download the flashable .zip from the boot animation page.
See the CM9 Status page for more details. Then proceed to the CM9 Install Guide. Please check if your bugs are already filed in the Epic CM Issue Tracker.
If you appreciate this work, please consider supporting the Team Epic. Thank you!